• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

The whole platform is down due to a "global bug" that was introduced into the system earlier today. It should be back up "within the hour." :itsok:

upload_2018-7-20_15-20-23.png

nervous.jpg

UPDATE.....From SEO Team...fixed?

Hi John,

I would like to personally thank you for your patience while we worked on your Piedmont Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram’s site to help you with Google’s caching issue. Below is an update of everything we’ve done for your site:

Metadata:

• Even with metadata being optimized and unique, we have seen that sometimes adjusting them again will assist in lessoning this issue.
  • We adjusted the metadata on your Finance, Service, Parts, Specials, Showroom, Blog, AEV Custom Jeeps and Global Incentives pages.

Updating & Redirecting of URLs:

• Searched for unused pages and redirected them to their active pages. We have noticed that if pages aren’t being used, they can sometimes be pulled into Google’s caching display issue.
  • The Finance Specials page was one of the results in the Google caching with wrong information. If this page is not going to be utilized, we do recommend redirecting this to https://www.piedmontchryslerdodgejeep.com/dealership/zero-down-trade-in-deal.htm that is being actively used.
  • Updated the AEV Jeep page url to /aev-jeeps-anderson-sc.htm and redirected the old url to this new url.

H1 Pages Titles and H2s:

• Just like the metadata, even if it’s been optimized, making a slight change can safely remove pages from the incorrect caching of Google. We went through various pages to update their titles to help with this issue.

Moving Forward:

• We have pinged your sitemap to trigger Google to re-crawl your site to help see the results sooner. In fact, we have already noticed an improvement, such as the Financial Specials dropping out completely from the caching results.

@John V. at least they're working on it. It's only been going on for 6 months! :)

For me, the weird page has dropped back to page 5 in the search results.

upload_2018-7-24_11-1-36.png

What I find weird is this. When I click to see the cached version
upload_2018-7-24_11-2-45.png

This is what shows up. The mobile version of the other dealers website. I think prob the root of all this BS is having two separate websites. One for desktop and one for mobile. If you start thinking about, who else in our industry is doing this practice other than DDC?? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Thats prob why it's isolated to their platform and why we can't find and why they can't provide examples of any other platform provider thats having these issues.
upload_2018-7-24_11-3-39.png

• Useful
Reactions: craigh