• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

Even AlphaDawg / Jim Ziegler is getting in the game... ha...
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6495315944418668544
f0b0c6d00795a5d2c5714478f0fe1357-full.jpg

Sam here! Long time listener first time caller.

I've been noticing with DDC, and many other sites on the srp they use a single page load app. These are fast since the page doesn't reload. However, the data is gone when the customer leaves as it is not a static resource. Titles and descriptions don't update either so you have zero chance of winning any search value. We can talk about the URL structure that humans nor robots can deciper as well, which certainly doesn't help.

There is a way to save these queries as static landing pages with dynamically injected content. This is called a SLUG. From here, things like structured data allow key features to be searched such as year make model trim transmission and color.
Sites like DEP I've seen actually base all their VDP content off of structured data, so the page formats around the data provided.
DDC from what I've seen, has no structured vehicle data.

I wrote a javascript app to yank all the elements supported by schema.org and format in json+ld at scale, but it doesn't work on the ddc sites I've tested on since there are not individually identifiable classes in their page structure.

Sorry if this is long, confusing, or formatted poorly as I'm on mobile preparing for snowmagedon in Atlanta but wanted to get it up soon at the recommendation of Alex Lau.

The used car market is trending down. Manheim trends down too. How long before Cox cuts more from Vermont?

Dealer.com eats a big building and rents two other office spaces on the same street. It also rents a giant parking lot on the waterfront. That can't be cheap.

Vermont is expensive. Healthcare is expensive. Taxes (thanks Bernie folks) are expensive. Food is expensive. Power is expensive. All the things are expensive.

Atlanta already killed the Dealer.com California office. I wonder how much longer the Vermont office will survive with so much of it being overseen by VinSolutions in KC?

Reactions: Alexander Lau
The used car market is trending down. Manheim trends down too. How long before Cox cuts more from Vermont?

Dealer.com eats a big building and rents two other office spaces on the same street. It also rents a giant parking lot on the waterfront. That can't be cheap.

Vermont is expensive. Healthcare is expensive. Taxes (thanks Bernie folks) are expensive. Food is expensive. Power is expensive. All the things are expensive.

Atlanta already killed the Dealer.com California office. I wonder how much longer the Vermont office will survive with so much of it being overseen by VinSolutions in KC?
v67ACOm.gif

I can see your thoughts on Cox and know that someone sitting outside of Vermont would see it as expensive. If you're here, I'd argue, you'd better appreciate all the great things Vermont is and how incredible it is to raise a family in.

I was laid-off from Cox and entertained a lot of different career paths after receiving that news. One was to move back to Virginia and work for my family again. A dollar goes much further toward housing down there, but when we factored the cost of private schools all the savings on the move went out the window. In my opinion, Vermont is quite economical if you have children and wish to reap the benefits of an outstanding public education system. But if you're purely looking at the business economics (maybe while sitting in Atlanta) I'd have a hard time making sense of this place too.

And then you have the clean air + incredible access to nature + friendly people +++ ....all things that don't factor on a budget sheet.

Reactions: craigh
Dated, but it goes to show you. There's a track record and even a mention to the AWA's being a fraud (which Dealer.com won AGAIN this year)!

Figures Lie, But Liars Didn’t Figure on Wikimotive!
The Disgusting Truth About Reporting in the Automotive Community

https://wikimotive.com/wikiblog/figures-lie-but-liars-didnt-figure-on-wikimotive/ by Tim Martell (sorry couldn't find his handle here).

As one might expect, a number of our SEO clients are also dealer.com clients. Recently, one of my dealer clients asked me to evaluate dealer.com’s dynamic SEO service and determine if they really needed both our SEO service and dealer.com’s SEO. To be clear, this wasn’t an us vs. them test. If I found that dealer.com was providing value he was going to pay for both services. He was merely seeking reassurance that he was getting or at least had the chance to get a return on investment.

After examining all of the keywords that dealer.com was reporting successful ranking on (16 pages of keywords) I found that nearly ALL of the keywords being tracked and touted as success had a whopping monthly search volume of… wait for it… ZERO. Let me say that again so it’s really clear to everyone. Dealer.com had successfully ranked this dealer for hundreds of keywords that NO ONE has ever searched for. I thought to myself, this must be a fluke. But after examining EVERY dealer.com client we work with, I found the same thing. PAGES UPON PAGES of keywords that no one has ever searched!

I’ve known Brian Pasch for years now and just can’t believe something this blatant would be accepted as passable let alone purported as best of the best. This puts the entire AWA awards’ credibility in to question in my mind. Brian, time to inspect what you expect.

As Dealer.com now pushes direct into Canada, touting the claim of: “Our mission for Dealer.com is to be the premier digital platform and partner in Canada, similar to how we are the premier digital platform and partner in the U.S. It is not going to be something new for us,” said Soklis. It reminded me of this thread...

Have they managed to fix their rampant Google index issues and consistent server outages and downtime? I don't really work with any dealers in the US, so I don't have the insight from the front lines.