• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I've always ran into issues with having consistent pricing with SCD and everyone else. This is actually the 2nd notification about GM moving to only SCD getting pricing from CDK. After the first one I went through the motions and set it up. CDK will export the pricing for you after the rebates have discounted the Dealer sales price. I can't remember the field name it's called. But, they will export that for you. You just have to use their OEM specials to apply the rebates. So far it seems to be working and everything is consistent for me. I have a Data conversion applying the selling price before incentives and populating Misc Price 3 field. Right before the export goes out, they do a export conversion and map Misc Price 3 to CDK's template for the selling price. Once the inventory goes to CDK, rebates get deducted from the selling price and gets exported back to homenet and that price gets mapped into Internet Price and then it goes out to the web. It's crazy, but it works!!

@Chris Leslie Yes. I'm sure you've ran into the issues with GM applying sale prices on specific vehicles on your website that override everything you do (They do with me anyways). That pricing is only in Global connect or somewhere in their data base and only CDK is the ones getting that sales price. Well, using their export, you can now get that net selling price because it populates the same price field after the rebates have been applied. An issue I ran into last month for our area was, GM offered an additional $1,000 on Dbl Cab Sierra 1500's. That incentive for whatever reason didn't show in CDK's OEM specials. I simply created a New Car special and applied it to that specific model and bodystyle and had it set to show in the Ribbon in my specials and what happened was, the site deducted the OEM specials first from our sale price and it also included and deducted the special I built and deducted the additional $1,000 and placed the net price after all incentives and specials in that feature price field on the website. Thats the price field they can export back to your inventory provider. You have to call and request it. They do not export that price field automatically.

I am a little partial but being that I came from retail and used them all, there is a reason I choose to work for one of them! Inventory Plus from DealerSocket. I will point out a few things that we offer that others do not. We are going to show you real transactional data from sales in a certain mile radius of your store. So you are seeing real data, not just a guess of what something sold for since it was listed online for that price. We will also syndicate your inventory to all 3rd party sites and your website with SEO rich content, you can take your photos from the app, print your custom window stickers and AS/IS stickers from the system.

We also provide you will buy/sell list based off of real data from your area and your on sales history, so every list is unique to the dealer, we are not going to tell all the dealers in a certain area to go buy the same car to drive up prices at the auction.

IF you are taking your own photos at the store and printing your own stickers, we can do it all, no need to have 2-3 different programs or having to pay so many people!

Over the years, I used most of these systems. My favorite was Homenet and my least favorite was vAuto. With Homenet you rename the files and batch load them which is very fast. vAuto is slow and a nightmare if you have a lot of vehicles to load and God help you if you want to sort them after loaded.
I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I always edit my pictures before loading them. I will crop, brighten, darken and sharpen ones as needed.

Over the years, I used most of these systems. My favorite was Homenet and my least favorite was vAuto. With Homenet you rename the files and batch load them which is very fast. vAuto is slow and a nightmare if you have a lot of vehicles to load and God help you if you want to sort them after loaded.
I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I always edit my pictures before loading them. I will crop, brighten, darken and sharpen ones as needed.

Good news, Mr. Davis. Over the next few months you will see more integration with HomeNet and vAuto. Considering vAuto's main function is to help dealers identify opportunities to maximize gross profit on individual cars and HomeNet's main function is merchandising; we are focused on bringing the best of both worlds to our dealers.