• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Going full circle here but thanks for having me Matt, Alex & TradePending!

Definitely a huge response from our customers - they ate this content up!

Reactions: Marc Lavoie
Thank you guys for the insight on this! It has been a battle for some time to get dealerships on board with running Facebook ads since the Marketplace change last year. I have approached a few of my clients with creating a TikTok account, and am met with a lot of push back because they still see it as a platform for people they don't sell to, which we all know is not the case. Millennials are the target buyers right now, and they make up a huge percentage of the user base on TT.

Speaking on issues with Facebook, we are already seeing Facebook block out dealership business postings to the Marketplace. In almost every market all of the vehicle listings are from private sellers, or posted from a sales person's personal Facebook account. The only way to get into Marketplace as a dealership is through sponsored ads. Although, I have heard some success stories with personal marketplace listings, as long as the user is keeping up with the messages.

As for running ads on Facebook, this takes a lot of work to get started, and each day I am seeing dealerships with ineligible Facebook accounts due to restrictions or lost permissions. Facebook has really started to crack down on users who have had banned pages/accounts in the past and are pushing restrictions to new pages they have created. While most third party marketing companies will still run ads for the dealership they are doing so through their own Facebook ad accounts. Which means all of that valuable data is going to the third party company instead of the dealership. Which in turn makes the dealership dependent on runnings ads with that company only, or having to start at square one with ROI numbers.

Bottom line, it is better to get in at ground level with TT ads because come the beginning of the new year we are most likely going to see a huge downward trend with Facebook ad results. Case in point, Facebook's specific Automotive Ad for dealerships has one of the worst ROI, and most third party companies do not even run that type of ad.

Hey @ccrisp I'm glad you found it useful! I feel like we left so many things out since we had so little time.

You're right to be looking for alternatives to FB. Although there are lots of ways to get amazing ROI, looking for new trends (insert TikTok) can be great too.

We have an opportunity to build followings and there's still time to do it while it's easy.

Today almost all companies use TikTok to achieve their marketing goals. This is not surprising at all since TikTok is very popular today, and it should be used. In addition, promoting TikTok is one of the cheapest and most effective. I don't use TikTok for fun, as it's a platform for me to make money. I own an accessory store and have promoted my products through TikTok. Several times I have bought active followers for my account here tikdroid.com. It's a good idea because, thanks to this, TikTok algorithms promote my videos.

This is a fantastic response. So many times we see meetings, conferences and webinars that are pushing things like this around without even realizing the audience that is consuming the content.

100% relevant --> "All that webinar did was get a bunch of confused general managers excited and bugging their poor, already overwhelmed internet managers to start selling boatloads of cars on TikTok."
Yeah, that comment was all too relatable.

Thank you guys for the insight on this! It has been a battle for some time to get dealerships on board with running Facebook ads since the Marketplace change last year. I have approached a few of my clients with creating a TikTok account, and am met with a lot of push back because they still see it as a platform for people they don't sell to, which we all know is not the case. Millennials are the target buyers right now, and they make up a huge percentage of the user base on TT.

Speaking on issues with Facebook, we are already seeing Facebook block out dealership business postings to the Marketplace. In almost every market all of the vehicle listings are from private sellers, or posted from a sales person's personal Facebook account. The only way to get into Marketplace as a dealership is through sponsored ads. Although, I have heard some success stories with personal marketplace listings, as long as the user is keeping up with the messages.

As for running ads on Facebook, this takes a lot of work to get started, and each day I am seeing dealerships with ineligible Facebook accounts due to restrictions or lost permissions. Facebook has really started to crack down on users who have had banned pages/accounts in the past and are pushing restrictions to new pages they have created. While most third party marketing companies will still run ads for the dealership they are doing so through their own Facebook ad accounts. Which means all of that valuable data is going to the third party company instead of the dealership. Which in turn makes the dealership dependent on runnings ads with that company only, or having to start at square one with ROI numbers.

Bottom line, it is better to get in at ground level with TT ads because come the beginning of the new year we are most likely going to see a huge downward trend with Facebook ad results. Case in point, Facebook's specific Automotive Ad for dealerships has one of the worst ROI, and most third party companies do not even run that type of ad.

You pretty much summed up what I was going to say! TT is what Millenials are on, not Facebook. I have a 12 year and 13 year old and they tell me Facebook is for old people.. haha!

That being said, I just did some quick training on YouTube shorts and those seemed pretty interesting to me, do you have any specific thoughts on that versus TT?

You must NOT skip this step. This is without a doubt time-consuming and, from a distance, a useless step. This is the most important stage, though. Yes, this implies that you must spend at least a few minutes per day going through Social Followers to see what is available. What is trending? who is well-liked Which AUDIOs are in demand? I advise doing this on a second hidden account, but that is just my opinion. Additionally, I've heard that Tiktok separates "user" and "creator" accounts on the backend, but until that information is confirmed, it is all hearsay.

Last edited: