• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

Great news! We have a Chad call.

Chad does a nice job building rapport with this customer and gets the appointment.

Here is Chad's call: Chad's Call

Jerry said:
Here is our 4th call from Carl. Now you'll notice there is still a lot of room for improvement. This is why traditional phone trainers fail. They come to your store and conduct a few days of in dealership training. When they leave, you're salespeople just go right back to their old habits. Old habits are tough to break and with Carl being a 25 year veteran I've got no easy task ahead of me. By continuing my coaching process ]with Carl, he'll slowly start coming around.

Carl's group has signed on for Jerry's training and will be back for more!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my previous posting I had asked Carl to respond to me in an e-mail asking him how he would respond to a certain type of call. Well Carl got back to be this morning. The attachment contains his response and mine back to him.

This is often a technique I will use to help salespeople grasp what they should be saying on the phone. By having Carl type out the message he's much more likely to start using the proper technique on the phone.

Attachments

• Training e-mail.jpg
    Training e-mail.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 48
Chad has proven to be a very quick learner - embracing any and all feedback and experimenting with strategies and methods to find the perfect mix. Hitting a home run, for Chad, is becoming easier and easier. Solidifying his methods into sustained success is only a matter of the wood hitting the ball consistently. Keep up the great work, Chad!

Alex, That night out on the town for Chad is not far off.

Joe, Just waiting for you or Frank to send me another sales call with Carl.

Steve, I'll take another sales call with Chad if you have any. Don't forget, I'll also coach an outbound call to a fresh Internet customer since it's very similar to that of an inbound sales call.

Thanks,

LIVE UPDATE!

We've seen and heard Jerry T's Phone training process and we're a buyer. The pic below is the 1st of 3 classes for our 3 stores going on right now.

Ninja%20Training.jpg

We all know car sales reps are a crusty bunch, especially when they all get together! Jerry pulls from his years of prior Car Selling experiences and speaks the language that everyone can understand.

Meeting is going on right now, so far, 2 thumbs up... way up!