• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

Thanks for the kind words Joe. I really enjoyed the day with your reps.

While some of the Cortland reps were at training today, Carl was busy answering the phone. Here's a freshly coached call for Carl. He seems to have grasped the art of obtaining contact information. We now need to focus on the appointment.

Here is Carl’s coached call --> Coached Call

LIVE UPDATE!

We've seen and heard Jerry T's Phone training process and we're a buyer. The pic below is the 1st of 3 classes for our 3 stores going on right now.

We all know car sales reps are a crusty bunch, especially when they all get together! Jerry pulls from his years of prior Car Selling experiences and speaks the language that everyone can understand.

Meeting is going on right now, so far, 2 thumbs up... way up!

I wanted to hire Jerry while he was at iMagicLab. We're about ready to head in his direction now! Glad you got him in there Joe :thumbup:

Class #3 is in the books, I am surprised at how "into it" the old seasoned veterans were.
IMG00013-20091119-0931.jpg

Lessons learned from a day long class is long gone one week later.
What makes Jerry's program stand out is the follow up training after the class. The class is just the primer. The follow up training is what is required to create real change.

Jerry's work has just begun...
utGEixdPqFOmpXgmbvn9Jw

Here's an update on our budding Phone-up Ninjas,

Carl asked to have his calls removed from the forum. I am not sure why, but I have honored his request and will respect his decision. It's too bad, he had a pretty good call this afternoon.

I am still waiting for the good folks at Checkered Flag to provide me with some more recordings of Chad in action. Hopefully we'll have some this next week.

I do have a really awesome call to share with you all. I spent three days earlier this week working with 30 plus sales reps at Sun Auto Warehouse. Yesterday I decided to log-in to CallSource to see how they were doing. The very first call I came across put a huge smile on my face. Nothing gives me more joy as a sales trainer than when I hear a salesperson perfectly execute the technique.

I hope you enjoy Rob's call as much as I did. Rob's Call

Last edited:
To help salespeople when taking phone-ups and calling Internet leads, I've created some online phone scripts. These scripts are unique since they contain active links which will help salespeople overcome customer objections. The "steps" on the left are also linked to short online training videos. So far I've built three scripts, "Inbound Generic New & Used," "Inbound Specific New & Used" and "Outbound Internet Leads." I plan to add a bunch of outbound scripts in the near future.

Here's the link: Phone Scripts

For those of you using CRM, I can normally load these scripts and more right within a CRM tool. Please have your CRM vendor contact me for more information.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the comments.

Joe, I am really pleased with the progress being made by the Sun Auto Warehouse sales team. Every day I hear them getting better and better. Your spot on with the manager statement. Without their support the program doesn't fly.

Update:

My two volunteers have become shy. It seems they got a little nervous when they saw all the people viewing their calls. I am still working with Carl and he's getting better. I hope to convince him to let me share one of his calls shortly. Chad on the other hand was well on his way to greatness.

So this now leaves a void. I would love to continue the thread and do some more coaching, but I need a volunteer. So if you have somebody who is not shy and they could use some free training, please let me know.

I also just found out that my website was not compatible with IE8 and the navigation buttons did not work. What is really sad is that I used MS publisher to build the site. I was able to find a solution so the navigation buttons are now there and working. If you haven't visited lately, I am starting to put some scripts on for free use(for now anyways) and more will be coming shortly.