• This thread is just the tip of the iceberg.The people ahead of the curve aren't Googling for answers — they're already in here, having the conversations you haven't found yet. DealerRefresh is free.Get the full picture →
An online presentation should closely mimic an “on the lot“ presentation. A balance between wide-angle hero shots and close-up shots, drawing the shopper’s attention to value added features, in and out of the vehicle.
The more valuable the car, the more options there are. The more photos there ought to be.

@carmudgeon plz show us some of your dealer work.
...She told me, when she saw the Spotify logo, she knew that was the truck for her. I take 12 pictures of each page on the radio of those trucks and the last page was that Spotify logo on its own. A $60,000 loaded used pickup truck… but she likes Spotify. Go figure.

Wow, great work, the 12 pics of the dash tech screen is SOOO smart. Our cars are truning into rolling living rooms. In car entertainment (i.e. dash tech) is HOT
 
some tips:
1. quality > quantity
managers: "we want lots of pictures", "can you do 40 pictures?"
Sir. I can do 100 pictures on your Nissan Versas, but that is not going to get you quality leads.
It's crazy how many times I have heard from managers that they want lots of pictures.
I have to sit down with them, pull up listings from their competition and compare them to my 25 - 50 sets.

2. Stay consistent with your sets.
Sit with your vendor and come up with a set, print the thumbnails on a sheet and hand it to the photographer to follow.
Ask for the same photographer for your store.

3. Refresh the unique, high price models. For one of my clients, I offer 5 free exterior refreshes per week. See the yellow Vette below.
Sun was going down and lighting conditions were perfect, so I got the keys and reshot the Vette and it turned out great.
 
some tips:
1. quality > quantity
managers: "we want lots of pictures", "can you do 40 pictures?"
Sir. I can do 100 pictures on your Nissan Versas, but that is not going to get you quality leads.
It's crazy how many times I have heard from managers that they want lots of pictures.
I have to sit down with them, pull up listings from their competition and compare them to my 25 - 50 sets.

2. Stay consistent with your sets.
Sit with your vendor and come up with a set, print the thumbnails on a sheet and hand it to the photographer to follow.
Ask for the same photographer for your store.

3. Refresh the unique, high price models. For one of my clients, I offer 5 free exterior refreshes per week. See the yellow Vette below.
Sun was going down and lighting conditions were perfect, so I got the keys and reshot the Vette and it turned out great.
 

Attachments

  • f-150.JPG
    f-150.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 14
  • max.JPG
    max.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 16
  • vette.JPG
    vette.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 17
We also go outside the box for some...

2888680-0-revo.jpg

2888680-1-revo.jpg

2887405-7-revo.jpg

2887405-10-revo.jpg

2887405-2-revo.jpg

2887405-16-revo.jpg

2887405-21-revo.jpg

2887405-22-revo.jpg
 

✨ AI Highlights

George Nenni asked the DealerRefresh community to share standout examples of dealer vehicle photography, both indoor booth and natural light, for new and used inventory. Contributors shared links to their own dealer sites and third-party work, with a side discussion on image file size standards — Nenni recommending at least 250KB for full-size photos. The thread's clearest endorsement went to Ourisman's shooter, praised by Joe Pistell for professional attention to detail and shopper-focused composition achieved without AI or a photo booth.

Replies Views 133 59,773 Started Last Reply