• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Trade issues aren't helping - the tariffs on steel/aluminum hit the auto's especially hard. I think GM said it just cost them an extra billion dollars. It's impacted Apple too as China sentiment is causing them to avoid buying US products. Buick I think does really well there and their sales have been hurting. Overall, with OEMs moving to SUV's and compact SUV's, they need to cap some of these MSRPs. They're getting out of control IMO.

Reactions: craigh
With all the bad news today, just wanted to say that this guy nailed his prediction if things continue this way.

4355_493d7628046af91908ea8ee47ac081cf.png

Wow! I love looking at things from the larger picture. A few thoughts this image is making for me:

• Debt renunciation is an interesting item to call out around World War 2. As is the credit bubble. Those are forgotten biggies.
  • 1929 to 1941 = 12 years. 2008 to 2020 = 12 years.
  • Lots of little things going on, throughout the world, where it would only take two or three to create some significant reactions.
  • Peak oil is a moving target.
  • Cultural issues are well known in Germany around WW2, but what were cultural sentiments in other countries? It is anything like the polarization we are experiencing in America today?
  • Is the world in need of a reset button today? Was it in need of one 80 years ago?

Reactions: craigh