• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

I emailed my "Premium SEO Analyst" at Dealer.com - my site is having the same issues. CDJR Dealer in SC and we have Honda of Santa monica, CA showing up under global incentives.
According to the analyst this is not something that she can fix and that "They" are working on it. I brought this to their attention after seeing Rick commented on one of my other posts with an example from one of my sites. That was on June 29th, 2018. As of today I have no updates.

Last edited:
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Looks like we're going to be here a while.

I emailed my "Premium SEO Analyst" at Dealer.com - my site is having the same issues. CDJR Dealer in SC and we have Honda of Santa monica, CA showing up under global incentives.
According to the analyst this is not something that she can fix and that "They" are working on it. I brought this to their attention after seeing Rick commented on one of my other posts with an example from one of my sites. That was on June 29th, 2018. As of today I have no updates.
//That should help you... "Premium SEO Analyst" Do you mean the kid they hired out of college and put through a two week crash course on SEO non-basics?
giphy.gif

Recent Update from SEO Analyst as to why this is not fixed:
"It’s diligently being worked on. There’s not a lot to report otherwise, but I have asked for an update from the team working on it and they will have more details around what they’ve been doing tomorrow. They’ve been working and checking the results multiple times a day.

Something very important to keep in mind around this is that it is not impacting your SEO or website performance. The average person is not performing site searches, the incorrect results are on the 4th page and beyond, and everything that we are doing on our end is compliant with Google’s standards. The team working on this will be able to provide better explanations."

thoughts on this?

Something very important to keep in mind around this is that it is not impacting your SEO or website performance. The average person is not performing site searches, the incorrect results are on the 4th page and beyond, and everything that we are doing on our end is compliant with Google’s standards. The team working on this will be able to provide better explanations."

It's hard to say you're doing everything compliant when you can't seem to find the issue.
There's a screenshot earlier in this thread showing the blog tool itself is part of the problem, or at least also affected by this problem.

I don't expect that the average person will ever see these negative results. The real concern is what these results indicate about how Google is treating your domain and the fact that it believes your domain shares content with another domain. Overall SEO value could absolutely be hurt by this, but it's nearly impossible to quantify.

I have attached what I just saw in the SmartBlog composer.

As you can guess by the blog title, it would give me ZERO benefit to promote Eugene, OR, Dodge Techs, etc

4614_2b67c3d1bcb83017b4498370d32e73d9.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau
It’s diligently being worked on

Personally, I think this is BS and you can tell whoever told you that, to not feed you a line of BS. I started this thread back in January and it was brought to light then!!!! They're hoping it's going to work itself out somehow and correct itself. Clearly it's not. This problem has been on going now for almost 6 months! :banghead: Clearly from the screenshot below, Google is relating my domain to a Subaru dealer in Nederland TX!! To me, It's irrelevant what page is shows up on. It's completely wrong and this is how google has a page on our website indexed and Cached.

upload_2018-7-17_17-22-40.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Recent Update from SEO Analyst

The DealerRefresh community has a strong track record of calling out issues and usually seeing them get fixed. This issue is the first to go so long.

With that said I am quite sympathetic to your SEO Analyst, and thus, the point of my post. The SEO department of Dealer.com has been the black sheep for as long as I've known the company. I haven't been a part of the organization for nearly a year, so one could believe things have changed. However, my wife was a Senior SEO Strategist there till June 8th and she doesn't seem to think the SEO department has changed much in the last year.

Typically that department is fed a load of management flowery BS when issues arise. And the person overseeing that department (@Dan Durick who has posted in this thread) is without a doubt on my top 3 list for the worst people I've ever worked with. He's probably #1 on my wife's list. He is the king of spewing nonsensical responses that are purely grown out of his ass. And that's exactly the kind of information your SEO Analyst is being given.... I'm sure.

The real knowledge is outside of the SEO department. @Bob George is a good person to listen to. So, my point is to simply say that your SEO Analyst is holding the short straw at Dealer.com, and just trying to do the best he or she can with the tools (or lack thereof) that are available. Please cut the SEO Analyst some slack.... not to say that you aren't. I'm just saying it for anyone else who isn't familiar with things there ;)

• Useful
Reactions: John V. and craigh