• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

So @Dan Durick - how is this working out? From what I'm hearing those that tried the recrawl are not seeing permanent results. And is this resolved yet or what dude???

Hi Alex,

Hope all is well with you!

I have not heard that the results are not permanent for those doing the fetch, and am interested in any detail around that you might provide. We have seen some sites/pages respond to the recent updates we made (specifically to our robots.txt file and noindexing select pages), though not all have responded.

We do have other updates planned as well, and I'll circle back here once released.

Dan

I have not heard that the results are not permanent for those doing the fetch, and am interested in any detail around that you might provide.

I've heard it from two different consultants and three Dealer.com competitors. So, I can't give you the details you're after.... I'm actually doing you a favor by not mentioning them in this thread. No need to open that can of worms.

However, @Rick Buffkin might be able to shed some light on his side of things. Some other dealers might speak up too.

In the meantime, can you enlighten us on these recent updates you're referring to? Do you have examples?

Reactions: craigh
I've heard it from two different consultants and three Dealer.com competitors. So, I can't give you the details you're after.... I'm actually doing you a favor by not mentioning them in this thread. No need to open that can of worms.

However, @Rick Buffkin might be able to shed some light on his side of things. Some other dealers might speak up too.

In the meantime, can you enlighten us on these recent updates you're referring to? Do you have examples?
...something still smells a bit fishy to me.

Hi Alex,

Hope all is well with you!

I have not heard that the results are not permanent for those doing the fetch, and am interested in any detail around that you might provide. We have seen some sites/pages respond to the recent updates we made (specifically to our robots.txt file and noindexing select pages), though not all have responded.

We do have other updates planned as well, and I'll circle back here once released.

Dan

No response in 24 hours means #fakenews

Tell the truth @Dan Durick because you're on DealerRefresh and we can smell a bullshitter.

No response in 24 hours means #fakenews

Tell the truth @Dan Durick because you're on DealerRefresh and we can smell a bullshitter.

Hi Alex,

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten :)

In late February we made a number of updates, including adjustments to our robots.txt file to disallow the crawling of certain pages (like VDP print pages), and to noindex things like blog/authors/, privacy.htm, among others.

Dan

Hi Alex,

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten :)

In late February we made a number of updates, including adjustments to our robots.txt file to disallow the crawling of certain pages (like VDP print pages), and to noindex things like blog/authors/, privacy.htm, among others.

Dan
Seems like dealers are still poisoned by it though, that doesn't sound like a total solution. See our own @Rick Buffkin, with examples above.

Hi guys, I'm at nada and I can't go into full detail about this now but, I can tell you the problem isn't fixed. Submitting the site in GWT helped some. There's still pages that show across each of our sites with the wrong info when using a search operator. I can tell you this though, I'm in the right spot to research other providers and it is at the top of my list while here at NADA. Sorry, that came out a little wrong! I've sent my trusted sidekick "Abe Froman" to research site providers.