• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's gonna purchase a .dealer domain? Post your Questions and Opinions!!

101829437-thumb-down-emoji-isolated-on-white-background-emoticon-giving-dislikes-3d-rendering.jpg

Reactions: Patrick O
JUST A HEADS UP - Today at 12PM EST

We release all of our names to the public!

If you are in search of a useful, memorable URL to use or resell down the road a .DEALER Domains might work for you.

The absolute lowest priced registrars right now are WWW.NAME.COM and WWW.GANDI.NET I know this because we have agreements in place where they will not mark them up too much.

Good luck and hope business and family is safe for everyone.

Correct. Neither hurts nor helps in Google's eyes.

We have seen some directional evidence with our other gTLDs that they crawl the "new gTLDs" quicker for new websites...but again, they would never confirm or deny that officially.

It does however provide branding/advertising benefit (if you need it) it helps with recall (again if you are looking for that) and also helps categorize for users WHAT it is they are shopping for.

Basically I'm very happy if they are saying it gets treated the same. Bottom line, no matter the website platform or URL you still need to put in the hard SEO work, no shortcuts there unfortunately.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Just as most presumed. Have fun with it for branding, if you must, but it's not going to help you. Most users, especially those with buying power, are used to hearing a .com in a domain name.

Yep, I agree, nothing new in that article.

As to shopping behavior and what a customer with "buying power" are looking for, thats up for unlimited debate, I guess.

Reactions: Alexander Lau