• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

It's not that I don't believe you, I was just looking for the actual smoking gun.
The email you got back was from a sales manager - I've seen plenty of preemptive apologies as a way to appease a client with a serious concern so I wouldn't hang a company on an email.

At this point I am not seeing it doing it, but it is possible that it used to, before Alex posted this thread.
Happy that it doesn't now either way.

I have your smokIng gun courtesy of the “way back in time machine” which I just found out captures previous JavaScript loads. Standby

Attachments

• 5E4BDE45-A80C-490F-8B34-E46F39B24556.png
    5E4BDE45-A80C-490F-8B34-E46F39B24556.png
    308.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 39D2D6E9-8942-4B84-810C-A53AF148DACD.jpeg
    39D2D6E9-8942-4B84-810C-A53AF148DACD.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
In a very far off sidenote, does anyone know the story of how spincar came to be a partner of Criteo's? I thought it was kind of interesting in a National Enquirer type of way.

Back OT, would be interesting to see one of those emails @Alex Snyder, they should have gotten out way ahead of this a while back.

In a very far off sidenote, does anyone know the story of how spincar came to be a partner of Criteo's? I thought it was kind of interesting in a National Enquirer type of way.

Back OT, would be interesting to see one of those emails @Alex Snyder, they should have gotten out way ahead of this a while back.
I believe Art (at SpinCar) sister or family member works for Criteo

@Jeffrey Tognetti yep, there's a marriage in there that connects the two companies. FWIW I have spoken with Art in person and some of the others at spincar, they've always been professional and overall good people. I just think the handling of the whole situation, going back to your initial inquiry, all the way to today, has been pretty poor. Hell, even ATC replied to their little situation with the referral traffic. Staying tuned...