• This thread is just the tip of the iceberg.The people ahead of the curve aren't Googling for answers — they're already in here, having the conversations you haven't found yet. DealerRefresh is free.Get the full picture →

PR & News Digital Dealer - Is it Back?

Previously as an OEM level consultant, I found little value in it myself, or as a dealer beyond getting some product demos.

As a vendor, even less valuable.

Sometimes there are some decent takeaways in the break out sessions, or you meet some awesome operators, but in large I don't see it being a worthy investment of time or money today.

Maybe I will be wrong. I look to be convinced that conventions outside of NADA have value beyond vendor sourcing.
 
I think the highlight and reason to go would be the Brent Wees AI Hackathon, he's a beauty and a pro: AI Hackathon | Digital Dealer

Yes he is - I also think the AI educational/news content he's putting out on LinkedIN is some of the best in a sea of AI slop posts.

We did just book our booth for Digital Dealer, so we'll find out soon enough if Detroit works.
 
Yes he is - I also think the AI educational/news content he's putting out on LinkedIN is some of the best in a sea of AI slop posts.

We did just book our booth for Digital Dealer, so we'll find out soon enough if Detroit works.

Brent is the best...but as a former DD loyalist, multi year and location speaker, absolutely not for the kind of money they want. I skipped Vegas (and we skipped a booth) for the first time in over a decade last year. I intended to walk it this year because Detroit is drive-able.

Then I heard the ticket price.
 
Brent is the best...but as a former DD loyalist, multi year and location speaker, absolutely not for the kind of money they want. I skipped Vegas (and we skipped a booth) for the first time in over a decade last year. I intended to walk it this year because Detroit is drive-able.

Then I heard the ticket price.
$3,500 and no early bird. Same as last year. Absolutely outrageous for what you get.
 
Good thread, thanks for the input! I would like to attend in order to do some speed AI demos at the expo, but agree the $3,500.00 is a high price to check out vendors. The Hackathon is also tempting, to pick Brent and attendees' brains. I plan to be in Detroit for that week, and may end up paying the ounce of gold price, if folks are attending we could try to connect for a beer!
 

✨ AI Highlights

Dealers and vendors debate whether Digital Dealer is worth attending in 2026, with the $3,500 ticket price and a historically poor dealer-to-vendor ratio drawing sharp criticism. The Detroit location generated some interest, but live reports from the show floor confirmed the familiar pattern: plenty of vendor booths, very few dealers showing up. The consensus is that the Wees and Raines Hackathon is the only session seen as genuinely valuable, with many participants saying they'd rather fund private training than pay conference prices.

Replies Views 27 5,922 Started Last Reply