• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Maybe it’s just my old age but I don’t see how these are examples of anything. No offense to the nice folks at clarivoy but all these say is...

1. We partnerd with someone
2. We added some tracking
3. Abra cadabra hocus pocus
4. The end
Allow me to translate :tiphat:
"We added some tracking" = Tremendous amounts of data (the input)
"Abra cadabra hocus pocus" = Really smart, educated, data scientists apply complicated algorithmic modeling
"The end" = Easily understood, actionable intelligence is delivered to the dealership (the output), allowing more cars to be sold, more efficiently​

Reactions: Alexander Lau
We’re just going in circles.

giphy.gif

Start keeping track of your own purchases and what influenced you in the purchase decision...you might learn something about attribution :2cents:

Mental maps also define consumer behavior boundaries in purchasing decisions, psychological behavior points in decision making does not come down to immediate or constant reinforcement of product types.

We are complicating this more than we should.

Reactions: ed.brooks
Once dealers figure out "who sold it" and witnesses that pattern and trend they are not going to want to continuously pay for an "attribution" tool. Now, one might argue that there's a need for a greater BI tool and within that tool an attribution component exists, but it ain't a stand-alone web (GA) or sales attribution tool (even with a MTA model). I argue that 3 months of a sample size is enough. If you as a dealer are unable to surmise "who sells it" during that time period, quit while you're ahead. Automotive digital marketing is not that dynamic. There are quality solutions and there are posers.

Last edited:
This is what I think about when I read the word attribution:

Hey, I'm a digital marketer. But anyone that claims perfect attribution is dead to me.
What if a super good radio spot (yes, it happens lol) drives traffic to a landing page, through a PPC campaign. Attribution will rely on the PPC campaign because we can prove it.
It's fine, but you might be willing to stop the Radio ad, which is your Drive to Web vehicle, killing your campaign.

Reactions: Brittany