• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I found this a couple weeks ago and I though it was interesting for Local SEO. Google indexing reviews and able to show reviews based on keywords from users search query. I haven't heard very much chatter about ppl implementing a process to include keywords while requesting a customer to rate and review their dealership.

upload_2018-5-21_13-43-13.png

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I found this a couple weeks ago and I though it was interesting for Local SEO. Google indexing reviews and able to show reviews based on keywords from users search query. I haven't heard very much chatter about ppl implementing a process to include keywords while requesting a customer to rate and review their dealership.

View attachment 3611
You definitely should be doing this Rick. A great way is to have a template with keywords or key points to help guide the customer through the testimonial or review. Sample reviews are great as well to "give ideas" and help them mention how they found you, what they purchased, explain the process, financing, etc.

I've come across a ton a big SEO firms that some of our web clients have contracted, and for the most part the work is funnelled to a new marketing grad and the tactics are pretty low level. If you check out reddit.com/r/bigSEO some real experts hang around there and paying an individual vs paying a firm is the way to go in my opinion.

• Useful
I've come across a ton a big SEO firms that some of our web clients have contracted, and for the most part the work is funnelled to a new marketing grad and the tactics are pretty low level. If you check out reddit.com/r/bigSEO some real experts hang around there and paying an individual vs paying a firm is the way to go in my opinion.
Do you mean like CDK and DDC? LMFAO!

Last edited:
Y

Do you mean like CDK and DDC? LMFAO!

:cool:

I had one client that signed up for $5k a month for a year, I checked after month 1 and they had put the free version of an SEO plugin in and written about 5000 words of content that noone will read. Safe to say they did not renew when they only started ranking for obscure keywords found in these content essays.

:cool:

I had one client that signed up for $5k a month for a year, I checked after month 1 and they had put the free version of an SEO plugin in and written about 5000 words of content that noone will read. Safe to say they did not renew when they only started ranking for obscure keywords found in these content essays.
It's really THAT pathetic 90% of the time. Such a joke..

Reactions: AnthonyMaher
Who is doing automotive SEO right? I haven't really been able to find a provider that does real SEO management correctly. It seems to be a curse of our industry. So many SEO providers are just charging exorbitant prices for random bits of content.

Who is really putting in the time, research and optimization for dealerships, and how are they providing it? I don't think I have seen one provider that's providing SEO correctly, and I think that's a curse of our industry.

Who is doing automotive SEO right? I haven't really been able to find a provider that does real SEO management correctly. It seems to be a curse of our industry. So many SEO providers are just charging exorbitant prices for random bits of content.

Who is really putting in the time, research and optimization for dealerships, and how are they providing it? I don't think I have seen one provider that's providing SEO correctly, and I think that's a curse of our industry.

The main problem is that its going to be pretty much impossible to compete with the vehicle aggregators like cars.com and autotrader, their backlink profiles and sheer number of links mean that you can't outrank them. You can probably get ahead on google map listings but the majority won't use those to find a used car.

Better to push money into other advertising vehicles, drive traffic directly to your website and then make sure the UX is good enough to maximise the conversions on your site.