• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
It's too bad businesses are not using video (ENOUGH, edited), it creates proximity astonishingly fast.

I think making a few videos per year is the DPs job.

Dealer Principals have to be the top marketers of their dealership.

We see it at larger scale, CEOs that put on the marketing hat usually have much success.

Here's a sustainable and non time consuming test: 5 things I didn't expect from the new Ford Mustang Mach E.

Your dealership's top marketer goes on in a quick, 1 or 2 minute video about the SUV.

Most of you will discredit this idea telling me they don't have time.

While other that do take the time will create a piece of content good for years and unlimited use on email marketing, social media their website.

Or you can also take the "analysis paralysis" route & wait until you have a studio, a video guy or girl, a strategy, a content delivery system, SEO strategies.

Last edited:
It's too bad businesses are not using video, it creates proximity astonishingly fast.

I think making a few videos per year is the DPs job.

Dealer Principals have to be the top marketers of their dealership.

We see it at larger scale, CEOs that put on the marketing hat usually have much success.

Here's a sustainable and non time consuming test: 5 things I didn't expect from the new Ford Mustang Mach E.

Your dealership's top marketer goes on in a quick, 1 or 2 minute video about the SUV.

Most of you will discredit this idea telling me they don't have time.

While other that do take the time will create a piece of content good for years and unlimited use on email marketing, social media their website.

Or you can also take the "analysis paralysis" route & wait until you have a studio, a video guy or girl, a strategy, a content delivery system, SEO strategies.
Just like I said in the other thread that you posted on...

"I'm not really sure what you're talking about, as there are plenty of progressive dealerships that are utilizing video the right way for of vlogs, inventory and 3rd party website reasons."

Reactions: Marc Lavoie
Just like I said in the other thread that you posted on...

"I'm not really sure what you're talking about, as there are plenty of progressive dealerships that are utilizing video the right way for of vlogs, inventory and 3rd party website reasons."

This is not something new, I know that.

Just not enough going the simple route.

I'm just saying a lot of dealers overcomplexify the video generation idea, ending up never doing it.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I think costumers want more videos because in this way they feel closer to you. Firstly, they see you face, hear your voice etc. However, you should have a plan and if your content and informations can't be told in a video or live, just use the basic posts. It's important to have a balance. In time, you'll understand what's working best.

Taking a video of the vehicle is a great way to keep the attention of potential customers, especially those who are traveling from out of the area or actively shopping multiple stores. A video provides a more immersive experience than photos alone, allowing customers to get a better sense of the vehicle's condition and features. It also shows that you're willing to go the extra mile to help them make an informed purchase decision.