• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Another good video tactic for dealerships is putting a video on model-specific landing pages.

This increases engagement and the opportunity to influence shoppers more. We all know video influences shoppers up to 80% more than just pictures.

Here’s an example of a dealership using a Ford F-150 YouTube video on their landing page:

View attachment 4231

Why not post the URL of that Ford landing page? What's the harm? I'm putting some model specific pages together for our new site and would love some inspiration.

I've been debating starting a YouTube channel with life as a GM type of content.

That is an excellent idea @Ryan Thompson! Not only is YouTube a great place to host your video library, but having content that lets the customer get to know you as a GM is a dynamite marketing strategy!!

Taking some of those clips and using them on your Instagram and Facebook Stories = even better! That's what I love about video as a marketer - typically, there isn't just one use for the content that is created.

We've been digging into more research on video as part of a dealership's marketing strategy and recently release two blog posts that I thought I would share. I hope they are helpful! Happy filming!!

https://dealerauthority.com/your-consumer-wants-video/
https://dealerauthority.com/maximize-dealership-video-strategy/

Love this thread! I just put up a gigantic post about using video in social campaigns (that should be relevant to this discussion)

But otherwise, here are a few others to consider:
  • Training all service staff on how to provide/text video updates to customers as this dealer does:

Creates a really great experience... Saw this at a dealer conference a couple weeks ago and thought it was brilliant."

• This is another dealership that does a great job with vehicle walkarounds (and using YouTube in general), creating sales content to educate and nurture customers:

Hope this inspires! (not affiliated with these dealers in any way :D)

Love this thread! I just put up a gigantic post about using video in social campaigns (that should be relevant to this discussion)

But otherwise, here are a few others to consider:
  • Training all service staff on how to provide/text video updates to customers as this dealer does:

Creates a really great experience... Saw this at a dealer conference a couple weeks ago and thought it was brilliant."

• This is another dealership that does a great job with vehicle walkarounds (and using YouTube in general), creating sales content to educate and nurture customers:

Hope this inspires! (not affiliated with these dealers in any way :D)

Yo Billy!! Are you Canadian? Just noticed 2 Canuck references.

I want to piggyback on some great comments here. The dealers that have the most success with our video solutions have buy-in on the importance of video from everyone on their staff, from the owner/GM down to the BDC and sales teams. The best stores do two things really well:

1) they are diligent about making sure their cars get videos as soon as they hit the lot so all inventory on their site and their 3rd party sites have videos
2) the sales/BDC teams are sending videos to interested consumers, are taking testimonials from customers after a sale, and are sending thank you videos after the sale

We all know customers want to watch video - the key is making it easy for them to engage with videos on cars that they want to look at.

Reactions: mikesayre
We all know customers want to watch video - the key is making it easy for them to engage with videos on cars that they want to look at.

Not sure how I missed this thread, man I'm slipping, any way this is ^^

How could this be done while providing effectively managed communication options for shoppers online, in real time?

I'm like chatman here throwing out a chat signal.. any digital retailing & video chat options out there?

Last edited: